GameJam+ Madeira is an intensive game development marathon 48h organized within the global initiative GameJam+
The GameJam+ Madeira will be held simultaneously alongside all the GameJam’s organized around the globe. At 19h [GMT] on Friday 20th, the organization will reveal the theme and guidelines that the teams have to take into consideration upon the development of the game.
Between the 20th of october [friday] and the 22nd of october [sunday], the teams will focus on developing a game concept and a minimum prototype. During this period, there will be a certified group of mentors from different backgrounds and expertises [game design; marketing and monetization, development, sound engineering, etc], that will guide the teams.
At the end of the 3rd day [Sunday 22nd], the teams will submit their game to a platform to be evaluated by a global jury.
The ideas/game selected by the global jury worlwide will move on to the Incubation Stage.
This is a program developed by Startup Madeira, within the scope of the eGames Lab consourtium, with the support of Digital Valley Portugal.
Dates & Location:
A GameJam+ Madeira will be held between the 20th and the 22nd of October.It is an intensive game development marathon that starts at 17h [GMT] on the october 20th and ends at 20h on october 22nd.
It will take place at the Reitoria da Universidade da Madeira
- Leverage the region’s video game and creative ecosystem;
- Expand the global network in this industry;
- Involve the student and local community in an intensive video game marathon;
- Provide a space for networking and sharing between participants, local organizations and national and international mentors;
- Demonstrate the various activities and games developed by the eGames Lab consortium;
- Designing an innovative strategic future;
- Support teams in developing new ideas;
- Foster collaboration and joint intervention between the ecosystem, companies in the sector and invited guests.
Registration to participate in GameJam+ is open to all community [from students, developers, professionals, digital nomads, curious, etc..].
Participation in GameJam+ Madeira will de done in teams [between 2 to 5 people].
It is important to have some interest in the gaming and creative ecosystem.
- Participants have to bring their own computers/laptops.
- On the day before the start of GameJam+ Madeira [october 19th], there will be a introduction session to explain all the details, softwares that can be used and the chance to network with the guest mentors.
The GameJam+ is the largest game development marathon and acceleration process of the world.One of the main goals of this initiative is to develop the best games into marketable products of interest to investors, in a great journey led by varios players from the world’s creative economy ecosystem.
Between 2017 e 2021, it reached around 3.800 participants in more than 100 cities in 30 countries.In total, 800 games have been development within GameJam+. 800 jogos.
GameJam+ emcompasses a number of stages, from the execution of GameJam’s all aroung the globe, to the incubation of the best game ideas, continental qualifiers, game acceleration moments and a grand world final. All this process takes place over a period of 8 months.